Fire Investigations (UK) LLP
Our aim is to ‘reflect the facts without distortion‘; using legally recognised scientific methodology to report on all available data following its accurate analysis and, most importantly for our clients, without bias. Our methodology will ensure clients will be correctly informed of where the fire started (the origin) and how the fire started, being the ignition source, the first material ignited and the mechanism that brought the two components together (the cause). Being informed of all the facts relating to a fire or non-terrorist explosion will enable our clients’ subsequent actions, relevant to the case, to be well planned and executed in a timely manner.
Fire Investigations (UK) LLP provide a preliminary screening or a fully comprehensive fire investigation report identifying the origin, cause and development of any fire or non-terrorist explosion in almost any country in the world .
Our services include:
- Free 30 minute initial consultation and advice by telephone or email enquiry
- CAA Approved Drone Capability to Document Scenes
- Origin and Cause (fire and non-terrorist explosions)
- Fire Development
- Cold Case Reviews
- Expert Witness
- Case management
FI-UK operates a Quality Management system which is registered with BSI (FS587160) to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and are SafeContractor™ approved. Our laboratory is based at BRE.
- A round-up of this month’s activities It’s been a busy month for the team at Fire Investigations UK as we’ve continued our support for the fire safety community by sharing our knowledge and expertise via various channels. First up on 5 August, James Acott delivered a fantastic presentation as part of the Institute of Fire Engineers and Transport Specialist Interest Group
- FIUK Head Office and Laboratories Open and COVID Safe We are delighted to announce that our head offices and laboratories are now fully up and running and officially COVID-19 safe. We look forward to continuing our services, adhering to the social distancing measures outlined by the government. Stay safe, The FIUK Team
- UK-AFI 2nd Vice President Elections 2021 We are very happy to announce that FI-UK’s James Acott has been nominated to run for the position of 2nd Vice President of the UK Association of Fire Investigators in the upcoming 2021 elections. James is a current serving Director of the UK-AFI Board and is very proactive within the association. He will be getting
- Advanced Principles of Fire Dynamics 2019 Course with FI-UK and Dr Quintiere Due to the success of the first offering of this course in June 2016 and 2017 we are holding our third 3-day theory and practical course aimed at fire engineers and fire investigators at the BRE Academy on 11-13 June 2019. The course is again being presented by Dr James Quintiere and Mr Robert Schaal
- John Galvin Steps down as Partner but stays with the team Today, 1 April 2019, John Galvin has decided to step down as a Partner of FI-UK but will remain part of our long established team as our Director of Training. John has not only spent the last 7 1/2 years helping manage FI-UK but was instrumental in setting up the company prior to that. Myself,